Learn to love your printer and understand ICC profiles for the best prints possible.
Many photographers look back with nostalgia to the process of printing film negatives in the wet darkroom. In this interesting and compelling lecture and demo, Evan Parker will reveal how to bring that love of process and technique into today’s digital darkroom. He will share how printing with archival inks on a variety of substrates can be creative extensions of your photographic work that can open doors to new ways of realizing projects.
Evan will discuss creative aspects of printing workflow, and how these play into creating terrific prints. He will also simplify the printing process with things you can do in your studio to help colour accuracy, accurate image reproduction, and more.
Afterwards, we’ll tackle your printing questions, and leave you confident in the printing process.
Febrary 27th, 2017
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Customer Presentation and Q & A
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – PRINTS (Evan will print your image* on any type of MOAB paper you want if you’re up for waiting!)
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Customer Presentation and Q & A
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – PRINTS (Evan will print your image* on any type of MOAB paper you want if you’re up for waiting!)
* Images can be on thumb drives or memory cards and must be ‘print ready’ (no raw files please) and the largest file possible.